The Intercultural Center invites all student organizations to opt in or out of the Diversity Organization Council (DOC) each year. DOC is a recognized body of the Associated Students of Saint Mary’s College (ASSMC) and continues to stay connected with Student Involvement & Leadership (SIL). Student organizations in DOC will receive the same information that all other student organizations receive.
A student organization may self-select to become a diversity student organization if its mission focuses on increasing awareness around diverse identities within the Saint Mary’s community. This includes but is not limited to age, ability, citizenship, ethnicity, gender, race, religion/spirituality, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.
Self-selection will result in the following benefits and expectations:
- Collaboration with other diversity student organizations
- First priority in reserving Delphine Lounge
- Locked storage bin in the IC
- Assistance with publicity
- Assistance with programming
- Department advocate around diversity issues
- One representative at all monthly DOC meetings (in lieu of All Org meetings) – This representative should remain the same person throughout the entire academic year
- Two representatives at the Annual Fall Diversity Retreat, preferably the DOC representative and one other officer
- Help in planning and implementing the Fall Diversity Dance
- Regularly checking AND replying to their student org. e-mail accounts
- Regularly checking their ASSMC mailboxes
- Part of their mid-semester and annual reviews with ASSMC
- Loss of student org. benefits
- Freeze their budget
If you would like to opt into DOC for the 2013-2014 academic year, please fill out and submit this form by Thursday, March 14th, 2013. Questions? Please call the Intercultural Center at x8317.