“There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Travel Course Online Registration Guidelines
Online registration for travel courses is September 25th & 26th.
NOTE: ONLINE REGISTRATION IS "FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE" WITH DEPOSIT CLEARANCE FROM THE BUSINESS OFFICE AND INSTRUCTOR'S PERMISSION ON FILE IN THE REGISTRAR'S OFFICE.
Seniors (27+ credits completed): September 25th, 6:00-8:00am
Juniors (18-26.99 credits completed): September 25th, 4:00-5:00pm
Sophomores (9-17.99 credits completed): September 26th, 6:00-8:00am
Freshmen* (less than 9 credits completed): September 26th, 4:00-5:00pm
Graduate Students may register after freshmen.
*Freshmen are only eligible for travel within the United States.
IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT THE REGISTRATION PROCESS:
- All travel courses require instructor signature(s) as a prerequisite to submitting online registration, and attendance at a pre-registration informational meeting for any travel course is mandatory in order to collect instructor signature(s).
- ONLINE REGISTRATION IS "FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE."
- Jan Term travel courses are designed for currently enrolled students as a graduation requirement, and are NOT allowed for students on a “not for credit” basis.
- If you plan to apply for a Jan Term scholarship to travel, you need to go to the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible to file a FAFSA form.
- If you intend to use financial aid to help fund your travel expenses, you must go to Financial Aid Office IMMEDIATELY to apply for additional funds. Travel fees must be paid by Friday, November 7th, 2014 (this date is prior to spring financial aid disbursement). All deposits must be paid in order to register; no credits for anticipated aid will be given.
- In order to submit online registration, you must first make a 50% deposit of the cost of your course at the Business Office. You may do this beginning September 18th, 2014. Do not wait until the day you register.
- The second half of your deposit is due in full on Friday, November 7th. (Of course, you may pay in full at any time prior to this date.) There will be no extensions, and no exceptions.
- A hold will be placed on accounts with deposits still due after the November 7th deadline and you will be in danger of losing your spot in the travel course, as well as impacting your ability to register for the Spring term.
Special Requirements for Travel Courses