Students who have completed their Baccalaureate Degree and the TESOL Certificate Program* can pursue the MA-TESOL.
Completion of the TESOL Certificate* and Baccalaureate Degree
Specialization Courses (12 units)
- TESL 610 -ESL Testing and Assessment, 3 units
- TESL 630 -Sociolinguistics, 3 units
- TESL 640 -Preparation and Evaluation of ESL/EFL Materials, 3 units
- COUN 522 -Cross-Cultural Counseling, 3 units
Research Courses (9 units)
- EDUC 572 - Research Seminar I, 3 units
- EDUC 582 - Research Seminar II, 3 units (Prerequisite: EDUC 572)
- EDUC 592 or 597 - Thesis/Synthesis Project, 3 units (Prerequisite EDUC 582
*TESOL Certificate must be earned at Saint Mary's College or the University of California at Berkeley Extension.