LEAP is an internationally recognized Bachelor of Arts degree program specifically designed for current and former professional dancers.
With classes offered in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, and Las Vegas, LEAP serves more than 300 current and former professional dancers from leading ballet, modern, and ethnic dance companies as well as musical theater, TV, and film.
Traditionally, a dancer's rigorous training and the professional demands of a full-time dance career didn't allow for an academic education beyond secondary school. It was very difficult to prepare for the career transition that every dancer must face.
LEAP changed all that by making it possible for professional dancers to achieve their academic dreams. LEAP offers:
- A Bachelor of Arts degree in three to four years of part-time study.
- A comprehensive liberal arts education at a nationally recognized college.
- A highly individualized curriculum.
- The tools for career advancement or career transition upon retirement from dance.
- Class locations and schedules that are compatible with the performance and touring calendars of professional dancers.
- Options to earn college credit for professional dance experience as well as for prior learning in other subject areas.
- Resources, counseling, financial aid and moral support.
The LEAP program works, and it has changed the world of dance.