Students pursuing the major in International Studies must complete the required lower and upper division courses as set forth below.
The program consists of five major requirements: lower and upper division coursework, the completion of a minor in the social sciences or modern lanugages, a semester long study abroad experience, intermediate proficiency in a foreign language, and a Senior Thesis.
- Lower Division Coursework: five classes
- Upper Division Coursework: six classes (includes Senior Thesis)
- Foreign language intermediate fluency: demonstrated by passing through Level 4 of college level language instruction.
- Semester long study abroad in your region of study
- Completion of a Minor in anthropology, economics, history, modern languages, or politics
- Senior Thesis (research project) on a topic of your choice