The Center for First Generation to College Studies is dedicated to appreciating, understanding, and improving the educational experience for the First Generation College student.
Furthermore, the Center:
- Records and promotes the unique life experiences first generation students bring to the academy;
- Encourages first generation research and the promulgation of the results;
- Facilitates forums for the exchange of ideas through invited speakers, exhibits, courses, and conferences;
- Collaborates with other first generation supporters;
- Explores our mission's special relationship to the Lasallian core principles;
- Engages in outreach to future first generation students; and
- Supports the St. Mary's College community through activities such as leadership development.