Delphine Hall, which houses the IC, is located along the perimeter of Ferroggiaro Quad between the Bookstore and Café Louis. The first floor, known as Delphine Lounge, may be reserved between the hours of 4:30 p.m. through midnight (Monday - Friday), and 8:00 a.m. through midnight on the weekends.
The second floor of Delphine (Delphine Loft) functions as the office for the (IC) and may not be reserved. The Loft also has a small computer lab that is available for students to use during IC office hours. The second floor of Delphine also holds a balcony, which is available for Saint Mary’s community members between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The balcony space cannot be reserved. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact the IC Coordinator at (925) 631-8545.
How do I make a reservation?
- Check the current availability of the Delphine Lounge using the online SMC Master Calender at https://asapp03.aaiscloud.com/SMCC_Schedule/Portal/GuestPortal.aspx
- Once you have selected an available time, click the “Request an Event ” link on the left-hand menu and follow the step-by-step instructions.
- It is recommended that you submit your request at least five business days prior to the scheduled event. This does not guarantee the availability of the space.
- The reserving party is responsible for requesting adequate setup and cleanup time on their “Facility Reservation Request Form” form to ensure that events prior to, and following, their event are not interrupted.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail once your reservation has been processed, usually within two business days of the request.
How do I cancel a reservation?
- Contact the IC Coordinator at x8545 to cancel your reservation as soon as possible.
- If necessary, contact other departments (i.e. Sodexo, Facility Services, ITS Media Services, etc.) to cancel all related services.
- Please note that the IC will not cancel or reschedule a reservation that has been previously made in order to accommodate another party.
What may I use in the Delphine Lounge?
- 60 stackable chairs
- 20 armchairs
- 1 portable whiteboard (markers and erasers not provided)
- 3 tall tables
- Flat screen television
- VCR-DVD player
- SMART technology - There is a mounted LCD projector, screen, and speakers where you can easily hook up your portable devices, such as a laptop.
If you need assistance with this technology or any additional audiovisual equipment, please contact Media Services.
If you require additional furniture, please contact Facilities Services.
Use of Delphine Lounge implies agreement with the following guidelines:
Before the Event
- It is the reserving party’s responsibility to set up for the event. Setup time should be included on the “Request an Event" form.
- Any requests of Media Services, Facility Services, Sodexo, or other departments are the responsibility of the reserving party.
- Chairs and tables can be rearranged as needed for the event.
- IC property (i.e. furniture, murals, flags, etc.) may not be removed from Delphine Lounge.
- Food may be brought in from outside sources.
During the Event
- Due to its open environment, Delphine Lounge is not appropriate for confidential or recorded events.
- Supplies necessary for carrying out the event are the responsibility of the reserving party; the IC’s office equipment and supplies are not available for use.
- The reserving party is expected to take reasonable steps to ensure proper care of Delphine Lounge.
- Events, including clean up, must end by the time that was approved on the “Request an Event" form.
After the Event
- The reserving party is responsible for returning Delphine Lounge to its default arrangement which can be found here.
- The reserving party is responsible for all cleanup. This includes but is not limited to wiping down tables, picking up trash, erasing the whiteboard, removing anything hung up during the event, immediately reporting spills and any other damages to the IC Coordinator, and throwing away garbage outside of Delphine if the trash can inside is not sufficient.
- Accidental damage, repair, and replacement costs to Delphine Lounge are the responsibility of the reserving party.
- The reserving party is responsible for arranging the timely pick-up (within 24 hours) of any outside items brought in by Media Services, Facility Services, Sodexo, etc.
Usage privileges may be revoked if these guidelines are not followed.
Thank you for your cooperation.