The Board of Trustees reviews rates of tuition and fees at least annually. Tuition and fees will be increased periodically at a rate no less than the rate of inflation (unless outside factors come into play). Tuition for the yearly Ed.D. cohort will stay the same for the duration of that particular cohort's program.
For Academic year 2015-2016 effective Summer Term, the following tuition rates apply:
- All Core Programs - $945/credit hour
- Doctorate in Education (Ed.D.) - $995/credit hour
- ECE and Montessori Program- $495/credit hour
- Lasallian Studies Research - $475/credit hour
- Lasallian Studies $115/credit hour
- Masters in Teaching Leadership (MATL) - $580/credit hour
- Reading Recovery Program - Please contact Dora Scott at 925-631-4722
- BTSA Academic Credit (Distinguished Speaker Series) - 3 graduate semester units at $190/unit
- $250 Non-Refundable Deposit payable within 14 days of program admittance notification. Deposit applied to first semester's tuition.
- Late Registration Fee - $100
- Computer Lab Fee - $25 (Technology courses only)
- Course Fee (for readers, handouts, and supplies): variable, $5-$35.00/course
- Graduate Commencement Degree Processing Fee - $125
- Competency Evaluation Fee - variable, $25-$500/course
- Challenge Examination Fee - variable, $100-$1,000/course
- Audit Fee - $80/credit hour
- In-Progress Fee (eff. Fall 2011) - $200/term (Required of all students enrolled in COUN 550, EDAD 592/597, EDUC 594/598, EDUC 592/597, MATS 532, or MONT 599 after the first term)*
- Transcript - $5/per copy (Obtain from the Office of the Registrar)
- American Montessori Society Certification Fee - $200
*Students who do not complete the requirements for Thesis (EDUC 592), Synthesis Project (EDUC 597), Counseling Master’s Project or Thesis (COUN 550), or Montessori Seminar (MONT 599), in 1 term are required to enroll on an in-progress basis for each succeeding fall and spring terms (including the term in which their work will be completed, even if this is the January or summer term). Payment of the $200 in-progress fee provides access to faculty advisors and other resources. No refund of the in-progress fee will be made. If the thesis or synthesis project is not finished within 2 and 1/2 years of initial enrollment in the course (i.e., 3 semesters of IP), re-enrollment in COUN 550, EDAD 592/597, EDUC 594/598, EDUC 592/597, MATS 532, or MONT 599 at full tuition is required.
Reduced Tuition Program for Catholic School Teachers, Counselors, and Administrators
We offer a 50% tuition reduction for teachers, counselors, and administrators who have been employed full-time for the past year in a Catholic elementary or secondary school, or who have a contract for such service for the coming year. The reduction is available for the first 6 education units taken per academic year, and may be claimed during January and summer terms. The Catholic School Educator Tuition Waiver Application form, obtained from the School of Education, must be signed by the respective Catholic school pastor or principal and filed at the time of registration. A new application for tuition reduction must be filed each year.
Students will receive all bills (e-bill) by email to their SMC email account. Payments may be made by check, cashiers check, money order or cash. Checks should be made payable to “Saint Mary’s College” with your Student Identification number written on the check. The Business Office no longer accepts credit card payments for tuition fees.
Students must submit payment in full or payment plan confirmation to the SMC Business Office by the date specified in the billing notice or they may be dropped from their classes. Students with delinquent balances will be denied transcripts, registration for a new term, and participation in commencement activities. Delinquent balances will be subject to collection procedures.
- Students can authorize an eCheck payment without a convenience fee. Similar to a debit card, e-check electronically debits a checking or savings account. Echeck is only available on our web site.
- Students can view bills, make payments,and set up authorized payers at https://gaelxpress.stmarys-ca.edu/ Students and authorized payers can also view current account activity by clicking on "Account Status".
- Saint Mary's will continue to accept checks, money orders and cash in person at the Business Office or checks and money orders by mail to: Business Office, P.O. Box 4600, Moraga CA 94575-4600. When mailing in a check payment, please print the PDF version of your bill. Return the bottom portion with your remittance.
- Loose coins will not be accepted in large quantities. Rolled coins will only be accepted up to $15.00.
- Graduate and professional students may enroll in an internal 3-month payment plan at $25 per term (2-month plan for the summer term only). A signed payment contract must be submitted to the Business Office each term. Please call (925) 631-4209 for more information regarding the 3-month payment plan.
- Bank Wire Transfers in U.S. Dollars can be wired to:
Saint Mary's College of California
Bank of America
300 Lakeside Drive, suite 250
Oakland CA 94612
Account # 1473-8-00888
ABA Transit number 0260-0959-3
(On the memorandum section of the wire, please include the student's name and social security number and any other appropriate identification.)
*Bank to Bank ACH payments may be made, however, please notify the Business Office at [email protected] to ensure proper posting as ACH payments to do not automatically post to student accounts.