The East Asian Studies Minor (Japanese Language) requires a total of 8.75 courses.
Lower Division: 4.50 courses
- Japanese 1: Elementary Japanese
- Japanese 2: Continuing Elementary Japanese
- Japanese 3: Intermediate Japanese
- Japanese 4: Continuing Intermediate Japanese (or equivalent)
- Japanese 6: Conversation
- Japanese 7: Introduction to Japanese Culture (one conversation course and one culture course at .25 credits each).
Upper Division: 4.25 courses
- Select upper division courses focusing on aspects of East Asian culture, literature, film, history, politics, art, music, etc.
(including ML 198, a .25 credit capstone course).