To be considered applicants typically have:
- Minimum of 23 transferable academic semester units or 34 transferable academic quarter units
- Possess a 2.5 or higher GPA are viable candidates for admission
- The equivalent of high school Geometry and Algebra 2 with grades of C or better
Please review our Articulation Agreement page for a list of transferable courses and agreements made with local community colleges. Credit is not given for courses in which grades of D+ or below are received, although the grades are calculated into the grade point average. A maximum of 19 lower division course credits are transferable to Saint Mary's (approximately 64 semester units or 95 quarter units).
Transfer applicants are required to submit the following:
- A completed Common Application with an Essay - Personal Statement, Saint Mary's specific questions, and two additional short essays. All of these are found and submitted online at www.commonapp.org.
- Final high school transcripts or the results of a high school graduation equivalency exam
- Official transcripts of all college work. Official transcripts must be submitted for all colleges or universities attended whether the student completed the term(s) or not
- A letter of recommendation is highly encouraged, but not required
- $55 USD application fee waived for all fall 2016 transfer applicants
Submission of Materials
Letters of recommendation may be sent separately or included with other materials. The Admissions Committee will not make a final decision on your application until all application materials are received.