For prospective students, there are three visit options that you can combine to suit your needs (each form must be filled out separately to register):
- To begin, schedule a presentation and tour, offered most weekdays at 9am and 1pm.
- If you have time, think about an academic visit where you can sit in on a class (available September - November).
- If you're planning to apply to SMC, you may also consider an interview. It's a great way to meet an admissions counselor to talk about your interests and background.
Please pick up a temporary parking permit at the Public Safety Front Gate. Visitors may park in one of our four reserved parking designated visitor lots or where directed by Public Safety personnel. Check-in on the first floor of Brother Jerome West Hall.
Our one hour presentation by an Admissions Officer is followed by an hour-long guided tour by a Student Ambassador.
Presentation and Tour Schedule
Our schedule varies from May through September. Please read the notes below:
May: no 9 a.m. presentations are offered. On May 28 and 29 only tours are available due to an all staff meeting.
June: 9 a.m. presentations are only offered Mondays and Fridays.
July: Our standard schedule is in effect. July 3 is closed in observance of Independence Day.
August: Our standard schedule is in effect from August 3 - 14. August 5 is blocked due to our annual Summer Preview Day program. Details TBA. From August 17 - 28, 9 a.m. presentations are only offered Mondays and Fridays.
September: no 9 a.m. presentations are offered. September 7 is closed in observance of Labor Day.
- 9 a.m. presentation & 10 a.m. tour
- 1 p.m. presentation & 2 p.m. tour
Saturdays Only (September through May, except Holidays):
- 10 a.m. presentation & 11 a.m. tour
- 11:15 a.m. presentation & 12:15 p.m. tour (only on select Saturdays during heavy visit periods; choose a date on the tour registration for details.)
Visits are closed on the following dates due to the Holiday Schedule or Admissions Events
- July 3, 2015
- September 7, 2015
- November 26 and 27, 2015
- December 21-25, and 31, 2015
Drop-ins will be accommodated according to availability.
Please note: all visit requests are subject to availability.
We have a few special programs in the summer and fall that may interest you as well.
If you have any questions please contact the Admissions office at (925) 631-4983.