Get some general saftey tips and care tips for your piercing on this page.
Piercings are a quick way to make an alteration to your body. Common piercing sites include the ear, belly button and nose. Like any body alteration, there are some risks associated with piercings.
- Make sure you go to a licensed professional and that the place has a good reputation and is clean.
- Make sure that they use sterile needles.
- Make sure that the have an autoclave which sterilizes equipment that can’t be thrown away.
- Make sure that the person who is doing the piercing washes his/her hands and use gloves.
- Make sure that the jewelry is hypoallergenic.
- For optimal healing be sure to follow the instructions provided by the piercing professional.
- For skin piercings clean with a cotton swab and warm water and use a cleanser around the piercing area.
- Avoid touching/playing your piercing or jewelry.
- Make sure your hands are clean when you are touching your piercing.
- In the case of mouth piercings, make sure to rinse out with antibacterial mouthwash.