Some tips and information about tatoos can be found in this area.
Tattoos are a permanent alteration to your body that you cannot easily remove. The process of tattooing consists of ink going into the deeper layers of the skin. Tattooing procedures can cause adverse reactions in the skin and of course the possibility of infection and disease.
- Go to a clean shop with a good reputation. Make sure that the shop has professional artists doing the work.
- Make sure and ask if they have an autoclave which uses heat sterilization for equipment that can’t be thrown away.
- Make sure that the needle that is used is new.
- Make sure that the artist washes his/her hands and uses gloves for every procedure.
Care for Tattoos:
- Cleanse the area with a mild cleanser
- Use a moisturizer – often, a balm will be given with application instructions
- Stay out of the sun
- Avoid picking – this will decrease your risk of infection
- After your tattoo has healed, wear sunscreen to protect your skin and to prevent fading
* It is important to follow the instructions that your artist gives you. If you have any questions, be sure to call your artist.