The Jan Term 2016 Travel Scholarship is an award of 75% of the course fee of a Travel course of the applicant's choice. Applications for this scholarship will be submitted online this year; check back soon for more info. Applications for this scholarship will be due September 14th by 4:30pm.
In awarding scholarships, the January Term Selection Committee considers:
- Preference is given to seniors before juniors, etc. (Status is based upon the number of completed units at the time of application)
- Eligibility for financial aid (FAFSA submitted)
- Greatest need (must be Pell-eligible)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Little or no previous experience studying abroad (January Term or Study Abroad)
How to Apply:
1. Submit your application online via TerraDotta (more info on this process soon).
2. Notification will be sent via e-mail on Saturday, September 20th.
3. Scholarship winners must still register online beginning Thursday, September 25th. (I.e., a scholarship winner is not guaranteed a spot in a course and must register through the same process and timeline as all other students). Before they do this, they will also need to place a deposit of one-eighth of the total cost of the course fee by 4pm on Monday, September 22nd.