Scholarship assistance is available for students who would otherwise be unable to afford a January Term travel course; CLICK HERE for the 2015 Jan Term Travel Scholarship Application. Applications for Jan Term 2015 Travel are due September 15th by 4:30pm to the Financial Aid Office.
In awarding scholarships, the January Term Selection Committee considers:
- Preference is given to seniors before juniors, etc. (Status is based upon the number of completed units at the time of application)
- Eligibility for financial aid (FAFSA submitted)
- Greatest need (based on Estimated Family Contribution as determined from FAFSA information on file in the Financial Aid Office at the time of application)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (preference for students with higher GPA)
- Little or no previous experience studying abroad (January Term or Study Abroad)
How to Apply:
1. Download the form or pick up a paper copy from either the Jan Term Office (in the Power Plant) or the Financial Aid Office (first floor in Brother Jerome West).
2. Attach a copy of your latest degree audit together with a typed statement of your academic purpose (a brief, up to one-page statement of purpose). Be sure to focus on a particular travel course, not travel courses in general.
3. Submit your application form, statement of purpose, and degree audit in a stapled package to the Financial Aid Office in Brother Jerome West by 4:30 PM. on Monday, September 15th.
4. Notification will be sent via e-mail on Saturday, September 20th.
5. Scholarship winners will still need to register online beginning Thursday, September 25th. Before they do this, they will also need to place a deposit of one-eighth (or 25%) the total cost of the course fee by 4pm on Monday, September 22nd.