Join us for a dialogue with leaders working to build community capacity in Oakland---one healthy child, employed parent, successful school, and united city block at a time.
How do these leaders measure success and know they’re making a difference? What are their most persistent challenges?
Learn how government agencies, nonprofits and others are working together to promote economic, social and neighborhood development. Discussion will focus on collective efforts to improve and protect employment, education, housing, health and safety in Oakland.
Guest Panelists Include:
- Washington Burns, M.D., Executive Director of Prescott-Joseph Center for Community Enhancement and President of the West Oakland Community Coalition
- Joe Devries, Neighborhood Services Division of the City of Oakland
- Elder Matthew A. Graves, Jr., Executive Director of Alameda County Youth Development, Inc.
- Nikki Henderson, Executive Director of People’s Grocery
- Maurilio Leon, Executive Vice President of The Unity Council
Beth Hampson, CILSA Coordinator of Engaged Teaching & Learning