Parking must be in full accordance with posted signs and campus regulations.
Regulations are enforced 24 hours a day, seven days a week by the Public Safety Department.
All cars, trucks, motorcycles and mopeds are required to be registered with Public Safety and display a current Saint Mary's College parking permit.
- Parking permits are to be placed on the outside of the windshield, on the driver's side, lower corner of the windshield. Only 1 parking permit per vehicle. Using your parking permit on another vehicle is prohibited. Permits are non transferable.
- The parking permit numbers must be visible at all times.
- The parking lots on campus are enforced Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. After 3 p.m., you may park in any parking lot.
- Red curbs, fire lanes, handicapped stalls, blocking traffic, blocking a walkway, not in a marked stall, no current parking permit, stop signs, and speeding are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- If you are uncertain as to where you can park, refer to your map of the campus. The map with show you where you can and cannot park from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Not all parking lots have signs. If you are uncertain where to park, refer to your map, your map is your sign.
- If you are driving a different vehicle and/or expecting a guest, it is your responsibility to obtain a temporary and/or visitor's parking permit with the map showing you and/or your visitor where to park.
- If you have a vehicle and it does not have license plates yet, you are still required to register the vehicle with Public Safety and obtain a current SMC parking permit. Once you get your license plates, inform Public Safety.
- Violation from any of the above laws and policies while on campus, can result in citation, immobilization or the towing of the vehicle at your expense.
- Moving violations (speeding, stop sign, etc) will not be tolerated. Moving violations can not be appealed. Moving violations will be handled through the Director of Public Safety.
Temporary parking permits, visitor permits, maps of the campus, and parking policies can be obtained at the Public Safety Gatehouse at the entrance of the College, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Parking permits are only issued from the Public Safety Administration Office located in Brother Jerome West. For questions or general information please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4282.
All policies and procedures are approved through the Saint Mary's College Parking Team.
- The campus speed limit is 15 mph.
- Pedestrians will be given the right of way at all times on campus.
- Passing another vehicle on campus is prohibited.
- Parking is permitted only in lots designated for your permit and only in marked parking stalls.
- All provisions of the California Vehicle Code must be obeyed on campus including the helmet law and restrictions against passengers in the rear of uncovered pickup trucks.
- Removal or tampering with any item placed for parking or traffic control is prohibited.
- Parking is prohibited in the following areas:
Any roadway, driveway, walkway, landscaped or dirt area.
In any fire lane, red zone, or within 15 feet of any fire hydrant.
In any area prohibited by signs or markings.
In any pedestrian crosswalk or area that impedes vehicle or pedestrian traffic.
In any reserved space or lot without the appropriate permit.
In any handicapped space without the proper license plate or placard.