An exciting new scholarship opportunity open to first year students planning on studying and majoring in Politics at SMC.
Awards of $13,000 per year awarded to entering first time freshmen for each of four years of consecutive full-time study
Initial application process:
- Applicants must submit all application materials (Common Application, high school transcript, a letter of recommendation, ACT or SAT scores on or before the Early Action deadline of November 15.
- Application materials for the Politics award (listed below) must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Admissions Office, c/o Drew Riley, PO Box 4800, Moraga, CA 94575 on or before noon, Dec. 6th, 2013.
- Students with complete applications must interview on campus January 25th, 2014 with Politics department faculty. (Overnight accommodations may be available on Friday, January 24th provided two weeks’ notice is provided.) The college may be able to assist in travel cost to students outside of Northern California; inquire with Drew Riley at email@example.com for more information.
- Students may only apply for one departmental scholarship (i.e. all Liberal Arts, Business, Performing Arts, and Mathematics scholarships.)
Additional Politics Scholarship Application Materials:
- A letter of recommendation from an individual testifying to the applicant’s interest in politics
- A personal essay (<750 words) addressing the applicant’s interest in politics and providing evidence in the form of personal experience, study, service, or career expectations
The recipient must major in politics and contribute actively to the Department’s work. Such contributions might include assisting faculty research and teaching activities and organizing department events.