Photography by Eduardo Acorda

The 38th Annual President’s Club Dinner Dance was held for the first time on the Saint Mary’s campus in October 2008, drawing more than 300 members and friends to the Soda Center to celebrate the College’s 80th anniversary in Moraga.

The evening began with a Mass in the Chapel celebrated by the Most Reverend Allen H. Vigneron, Bishop of Oakland. Guests then mingled on the front patio of the Soda Center during a cocktail reception and visited Claeys Lounge, where a museum of sorts displayed commemorative photos of the campus in its early days.

After the ringing of the Saint Mary’s bell, Brother Michael Sanderl ’96, dean of Mission and Ministry, opened his remarks by commenting that, “Over 40,000 students have entrusted us — Brothers and benefactors alike — to be stewards of their academic, spiritual and social growth.”

Brother President Ronald Gallagher expressed his sincere appreciation to the members of the President’s Club, who support the achievement of Saint Mary’s mission and enable the promise of its future success.

A birthday tribute to former Saint Mary’s president, Brother Mel Anderson, was sung by Louis Lebherz, Saint Mary’s artist in residence, to close the evening.

Jim Quandt ’71, chair of the Board of Trustees, Provost Beth Dobkin and dean of the School of Liberal Arts, Steve Woolpert, also addressed the gathering.

For information on the President’s Club at Saint Mary’s College, please visit www.stmarys-ca.edu/giving, or contact Daniel G. Lewis, director of annual giving, at (925) 631-4616.

Groups audience: 
Maps & Directories

Mailing Address

Saint Mary's College of California
1928 Saint Mary's Road
Moraga, CA 94575
(925) 631-4000
Google Map | Campus Map | PO Boxes