The interdisciplinary courses and language instruction taken by students prepare them for enriching cultural experiences during their study abroad.
SMC courses that fulfill the interdisciplinary required courses are listed in the course catalog. Students often fulfill the Interdisciplinary course requirements during their study abroad experience. IAS 100 and IAS 196 must be taken at Saint Mary's. If you have any questions about these requirements, please contact the program director.
Students must complete the following five courses:
- Anthropology 1: Introduction to Social and Cultural Anthropology
- Economics 3: Principles of Micro-Economics
- Economics 4: Principles of Macro-Economics
- History 2: World History
- Politics 1: Introduction to Comparative Politics
Student must complete the following six courses:
- IAS 100: Cultural Geography and Global Societies
- An anthropology course with a focus on the student's region of study
- An history course with a focus on the student's region of study
- A literature or art course with a focus on the student's region of study
- A politics course with a focus on the student's region of study
- IAS 196: Independent Study – Senior Thesis