News & Events relating to the Psychology department are listed below.
Looking for a job as a Behavioral Skills Therapist at Trumpet Behavioral Health?
About Trumpet Behavioral Health: Trumpet Behavioral Health strives to provide exceptional behavior treatment services for children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs). Our treatment is based on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), an outcomes-based, scientific approach to measure behavior, teach socially significant skills, and evaluate the progress of those skills. ABA focuses on data collection and direct and objective observations, and is used to increase behaviors, teach new skills, maintain behaviors, reduce inappropriate behaviors, and generalize behaviors. Our services are delivered by credentialed clinicians and therapists in homes, schools and our company-operated centers. Trumpet Behavioral Health currently has operations in AZ, CA, CO, HI, IL, KS, MO, OH, TX & WY and is continually growing into more locations.
Spotlight Position: Behavioral Skills Therapist
We are seeking applicants who have a suitable background in an appropriate field & have strong interest in pursuing a fulfilling position in applied behavior analysis. Therapist will work 1:1 and in groups with our clients while implementing therapy plans. This role is great for those currently studying psychology and other related areas as well as those that are seeking to advance their knowledge ABA principles.
What’s in it for you:
- Future growth opportunity into more senior roles within our company
- A chance to make a meaningful impact on the life of those served and their families
- Earn Paid Time Off while working part-time
- The opportunity to gain Supervised Independent Field Work hours for those in need practicum/internship hours.
- Eligibility for professional development programs (e.g. Free Continued Education Units (CEUs), BCBA/BCaBA coursework reimbursement, masters degree funding etc.
Job duties include:
- Implement programs based on ABA principles that increase communication, self-help, social and play skills.
- Manage inappropriate behaviors that occur.
- Facilitate interactions with peers.
- Keep the children motivated to learn.
- Facilitate interactions with peers.
Client Progress Communication:
- Accurately record information on the child's progress.
- Be courteous & professional with families, organizations & children and represent TBH in a positive light.
- Communicate confidentially and professionally with behavior analysts, teachers, parents and principals.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- An Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Education, Special Education or related field. Candidates with incomplete degrees will be considered based on experience.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to client homes and work at center
- You should be able to lift up to 25 lbs. routinely
- Regular and timely communication with supervisors while employed with TBH
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- You might have experience working with children ages 3-22
- You might have experience working in a home or school setting with individuals with special needs
- You might have experience with Applied Behavior Analysis or Discrete Trial Training
- Candidate should have applied experience working with special needs children ages 0 – 4, including individuals with Autism/PDD.
- Experience with older kids (15+) is a plus
- Experience with ABA and clients with special needs
Please apply by:
- Submitting a Word copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visiting our careers page to see current opportunities at http://www.trumpetcareers.com
Psychology Club T-Shirts!
Find yourself wishing you could represent your love of psychology everywhere you go? Tired of people asking what your major is and what club you're associated with on campus? If so, come check out Psych Club's Official T-Shirt!
Shirts are on sale for ony $10.00 and can be purchased by contacting the SMC psych club at: email@example.com