Purchasing Cards (P Cards)
A Saint Mary’s College P card is a corporate VISA credit card issued by Bank of America, and is administered by the Purchasing Department. P cards are available to designated employees to help facilitate the purchasing of goods up to $3000.00 without a purchase requisition (some restrictions apply). Liability rests with the College and will not affect the cardholder’s personal credit.
Benefits of a P Card
- Elimination of POs for purchases below $3000.00 (some restrictions apply)
- Online reconciliation of transactions by both the cardholder and their designated approver
- 24/7 real time ability to see posted transactions
- More control and better oversight of credit card purchases
How Do I Get a P Card
- Complete the P Card Application
- Make sure you have all of the required signatures before turning in application to the Purchasing department.
How Long Will It Take To Get a P card
- Once your completed application has been received it will be reviewed by the Business Office. If your application is not approved you will be notified by email within 5 business days.
- Upon approval of your application, a credit card will be ordered from the bank and you will receive an email with the online P Card Training link.
- IMPORTANT: Your Visa card will not be issued for use until both you and your approver have completed P card training.
Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have regarding the P card program. To get an answer immediately, refer to the posted P Card FAQs.