Technology in Garaventa 120
|Full service media system, includes teacher workstation, video projector, document camera, dvd player. The video below shows the room and how to use the media equipment (click on image above). A list of what is in the room can be found below. Further below options you have for this room.||
For further assistance please contact the Service Desk at (925) 631-4266
|Chairs & tables|
|Ceiling Mounted XVGA LCD Projector
Overhead Projector Cart
DVD (PAL and NTSC)
CD Player (Use DVD)
Laptop connection: VGA/Mac adapter provided on request
Number of Computers:
|1 teacher workstation|
|Windows PC, Windows 2000 Professional|
|Prints to networked HP LaserJet printer for staff only, on 1st floor|
|Windows 7 64bit
Office 2010 pro plus 32bit: word, excel, power point, publisher, access.
visio 2010 premium 32bit
project pro 32 bit
carol yacht 2011 (free software)
quick books 2007
python 3.2 (free)
Webx player and recorder
adobe reader (latest)
go to assist
adobe flash player
adobe shock wave
Roxio creator (cd burning)
(Please contact the Service Desk if your software is not in the list)
You have the following options:
- You can borrow a laptop from the Service Desk...
- You can request a Tech Check where a technician will show you how the technology works...
- You can call extension 4266 to request a Desktop Support Technician to be in the room 15 minutes before the meeting starts to help you set up...
- You can request addditional multimedia equipment to be brought to the room before your class or meeting...
- You can request purchase and installation of additional software for this classroom...
Technology Checks for Faculty, Students and Staff
Please note that tech checks are provided for faculty, students and staff.
If you plan on having several people present using their own laptops. please ask the Service Desk to schedule a technician to be in the classroom with you for the duration of your class. Technology is complex and Murphy never sleeps...
Here is a video that shows how to connect a PC laptop to the media system.