The Preliminary Single Subject Credential Program has a Fall or January Term start. Credential completers may continue in the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) during the Summer Term.
Required Courses (35 units)
- SSTE 215 - Foundations of Secondary Education, 3 units
- SSTE 226 - PACT Preparation, 1 unit
- SSTE 346 - Teaching and Learning I (includes field placement), 8 units
- SSTE 211 - Social and Psychological Foundations of Education, 3 units
- SSTE 254 - Foundations of Literacy, 2 units
- SSTE 225 - Instructional Design, 3 units
- SSTE 356 - Teaching and Learning II (includes field placement), 11 units
- SSTE 274 - Universal Access to Education, 3 units
- SSTE 276 - Health Education, 1 unit
Detailed information on state and college requirements for the credential can be obtained from the Multiple/Single Subject Credential Handbook.
Note: The federal government publishes an annual report regarding all teacher preparation programs in the U.S., including information on pass rates on required exams. KSOE results can be found here.