The Preliminary Single Subject Credential Program has a Fall or January Term start. Credential completers may continue in the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) during the Summer Term.
Required Courses (35 units)
- SSTE 215 - Foundations of Secondary Education, 3 units
- SSTE 226 - PACT Preparation, 2 units
- SSTE 346 - Teaching and Learning I (includes field placement), 8 units
- SSTE 211 - Social and Psychological Foundations of Education, 3 units
- SSTE 254 - Foundations of Literacy, 1 unit
- SSTE 225 - Instructional Design, 3 units
- SSTE 356 - Teaching and Learning II (includes field placement), 11 units
- SSTE 274 - Universal Access to Education, 3 units
- SSTE 276 - Health Education, 1 unit
Detailed information on state and college requirements for the credential can be obtained from the Multiple/Single Subject Credential Handbook. Detailed information on state and college requirements for an internship credential can be obtained from the Internship Manual for the Multiple Subject, Single Subject, Education Specialist and School Psychology Programs.
Note: The federal government publishes an annual report regarding all teacher preparation programs in the U.S., including information on pass rates on required exams. KSOE results can be found here.