The SJCC is pleased to co-sponsor seven initiatives in the 2013-2014 academic year.
- A reading and discussion group in Spring 2014 on Chris Mayo's "LGBTQ Youth and Eductation," coordinated by SOLA faculty Raina Leon.
- "Wo/Men's Leadership Conference," March 8, 2014, and the band Las Cafeteras, sponsored by the Women's Resource Center.
- Support for student Elise Miranda to implement a healthy food education program as part of her engaged research with Politics Professor Patrizia Longo and the Student Leadership in Civic Engagement (SLICE) program.
- "Arabian Night: One Thousand and One Misconceptions," March 31,2014, the inaugural Middle Eastern cultural night sponsored by the Middle Eastern Club in conjunction with the Intercultural Center.
- Anniversary celebration of the High Potential Program, coordinated by Student Engagement & Academic Success.
- "Community Engagement Retreat" for students in the MFA in Creative Writing to reflect on their social justice internship experiences.
- "8th Annual Social Justice Institute," June 16-17, 2014, presented by CILSA and Leadership Studies Programs, featuring Reverend Deborah Lee and Claudia Horwitz.
In 2012-2013, the SJCC co-sponsored the following:
- "Healing the Heart of Democracy, by Parker J. Palmer," student, faculty, and staff reading and discussion groups, multiple dates in November 2012. The lead coordinator of this was the SJCC.
- "HomeTOWN Security," a lecture with Majora Carter, November 13, 2012. The lead coordinator was CILSA.
- "Critical Race Theory & Microagressions," a lecture and workshops with Daniel Solorzano, Ph.D., February 20-21, 2013. The lead coordinator of this was the Kalmanovitz School of Education.
- "7th Annual Social Justice Institute," featuring Dean Elias, Ed.D., Elissa Perry, MFA, and George Quickley, Ph.D., SJ, June 17-18, 2013. The lead coordinators of this were Leadership Studies Programs and CILSA.