Upon successfully completing the Sociology Program, students will be able to...
• Understand sociological theory and methods and be able to apply theoretical explanations to
• Research and analyze a sociological topic using the appropriate library resources.
• Write research papers with a clear thesis statement, sufficient support for that thesis, and in accordance with the standards of the American Sociological Association.
• Exercise their sociological imagination in order to reflect upon questions of personal and social
responsibility in a complex and changing society.
• Apply sociological knowledge as they engage with the community beyond the academy.
• Employ critical reading, thinking, and writing skills as they research, analyze, and report on a social issue in a way that incorporates what they have learned on a topic of their own choosing.