Institutional effectiveness has been defined as “a sustained commitment to continuous improvement of institutional quality.”
In addition to demonstrating measurably that the College is fulfilling its mission and vision, the institutional effectiveness committee will ensure the use of research-based planning and assessment as well as systematic and continuous review of the College’s programs and services.
The Institutional Effectiveness Committee IEC is charged with the following:
- Track progress on BOS Strategic Plan tasks.
- Organize and provide assessment of the strategic objectives in the BOS Strategic Plan.
- Lead work connected to the next strategic plan (2012-2017), including assessment of Strategic Plan 2007-2012, community involvement, and the use of other diagnostic tools.
- Organize work related to WASC accreditation, including preparation for and writing of the WASC Institutional Proposal, Preparatory and Capacity Review, and Educational Effectiveness Review.
- Alignment of all of the above through the use of TaskStream and other organizational tools.
- Communicate regularly to College community regarding strategic planning and accreditation.
The IEC is co-chaired by the Provost and Vice President for Finance and staffed by the director of IR and others.
- President’s Cabinet
- Executive Assistant to the President
- Academic Senate representative
- Staff Council representative
- Chair of Graduate Council
- CCIE Co-Chair
- Athletic Director
- Director of IR
- Chief Technology Officer