Mandatory Health and Safety Inspections will occur between Wednesday, March 6 and Thursday, March 14, 2013 during the hours of 3:00 - 7:00 pm.
Your RA will complete all building inspections during these pre-determined dates and times. All residents will receive a copy of their inspection and are required to sign the completed Health and Safety Inspection Form once inspections are complete. Residents are not required to be present during the inspection.
During your inspection RA's will be looking for things like:
- Condition of the walls and floors (signs of moisture)
- Violations of the Student Handbook (i.e. candles, evidence of pets, illegal appliances, etc.)
- Problems with plumbing
- Broken blinds
- Problematic windows
- Fire hazards (i.e. blocked doors and windows, electrical plug overloads)
- Operation of all major appliances (College provided refrigerators, microwaves, stove, oven, heating and air)
In order to prepare your room for inspection, please do the following:
- Empty and take out all trash
- Move furniture away from walls to provide accessibility to walls, baseboards, and windows
- Make sure vents and doors are not blocked
- Allow visibility of ceiling, walls, outlets, bathroom and floors during inspection
Doing these things will help make your inspection as quick and efficient as possible. If you have noticed any problems with the condition of the room, you should submit a Work Order before your inspection time and inform your RA during the inspection.