The Housing Room Selection Process provides all currently enrolled full-time Saint Mary’s students the opportunity to sign up for on-campus housing for the next academic year.
The application process for the 2013-2014 academic year has closed. We are accepting submissions on the Fall Housing Wait List in the Campus Housing Office.
In order to participate in Room Selection students will complete the online Room Selection application form, form their roommate groups, and pay the non-refundable housing deposit before stated deadlines (different for current Freshmen and Upperclassmen). After receiving an appointment time, students will attend Room Selection on their appropriate Room Selection day. If a room is choses the student will electronically acknowledge the terms and conditions of the Residence Hall and Dining Services License.
In preparation for Room Selection it is best if you understand the Housing Guarantee, attend an Information Session, read the Housing Room Selection Process Guidelines, and review Important Dates.
To learn about the full process, click on the links below.
In order to view all of the Housing Room Selection Process steps, you need to use your SMC login.
Steps in the process
- Understanding the Housing Guarantee
- Complete your application materials - complete the Student Emergency Form, and submit your application and select your roommate on the Room Selection Form
- Pay your housing deposit and info about Financial Aid
- Receive a Room Selection Appointment for your Room Selection Day
- Assign a Proxy if you cannot attend Room Selection
- Choose your roommate group and tips to create your group
- View Available Rooms
- Full Scholarship Athletes
- Students with Special Housing Needs
- Students Studying Abroad for the Spring Term
- Residence Hall Pre-Show Tour
- About the waitlist
- Cancellation Policy
- Housing Room Selection Process Frequently Asked Questions
- Housing Room Selection Process Guidelines
- Housing Room Selection Brochure
- Living Off Campus
- Did You Know that...?