Your frequently asked Spring housing answers are here.  If you are not finding the information you need, please feel free to contact us!

How do I apply for spring housing?

Please contact the Campus Housing Office to request to be placed on the Spring Waitlist. We recommend you do this as soon as possible.

Transfer students are offered housing on a space-available basis for the spring semester. Priority for receiving on-campus housing is based on the date that you were placed on the Housing Waitlist.  When space becomes available students will be contacted via phone and SMC e-mail addresses. Once housing is offered, students are generally given 24 hours to accept or decline.

Is housing guaranteed in the Spring?

Please note that spring housing is not guaranteed for Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors.  However it is guaranteed for Freshman.

What do the housing application materials consist of?

To apply for housing you must complete the Residence Hall and Dining Services License once you are offered and accept a space on campus.

How do I complete the Residence Hall and Dining Services License?

You will need to come to the Campus Housing Office to read through the document and sign it. We encourage you to save a copy of the License Agreement for future reference.

What are my options for paying the housing fee?

You must pay for the entire Spring semester fee in order for your application to be considered complete. This fee is paid directly to the Business Office.

In order to avoid delays in the processing of your housing deposit, please make your payment online by logging into your GaelXpress account and click on 'View My Bill/Make a Payment'. Be sure to advise the Business Office, (925) 631-4209, that the payment is a Housing Deposit.

Otherwise payments may be made in person at the Business Office (Filippi Hall, 1st Floor), with cash, check, money order, or cashier’s check or by mailing your check directly to the Business Office at:

Saint Mary's College Business Office
PO Box 4600
Moraga, CA 94575-4600

If paying by check to the Business Office be sure to include your ID number and indicate that payment is for the Housing Deposit.  

I am currently studying abroad. How do I request housing for the spring?

In order to confirm your request for on-campus housing, we need to know whether you will be returning in January Term, Spring Term, or if you are no longer interested in on-campus housing.  We need this information no later than Wednesday, November 16, 2012 to begin assigning rooms. Please check your email frequently while abroad.

If you are offered on-campus housing, your room assignment will be available to view on SMCnet on December 18, 2012.  Paying the $350 non-refundable housing deposit will act as notification that you have accepted your assigned spot.  Move in day will be Sunday, January 6, 2013, 9:00 am-12:00pm.

I know someone who currently lives on campus and their roommate is leaving. How can I get into that space?

The person who is leaving their on campus assignment must cancel their housing assignment in order for you to request their space. If there is a vacancy that you would specifically like to request, please inform the Campus Housing Office when being placed on the Spring Waitlist.  Please note, if that person does not cancel their assignment, then the Campus Housing Office will not be able to accommodate this request. In addition, roommate requests are not guaranteed, however we will do our best to honor your request.

My friend and I are new applicants and we want to live together. What are the chances of the two of us being assigned to the same room?

In order to accommodate a roommate request, both you and your friend must request each other when being placed on the Spring Waitlist. When the Campus Housing Office makes assignments, we will do our best to honor your roommate request. However, please note that vacancies are contingent upon cancelations and we cannot predict the availability of completely vacant rooms that would accommodate two roommates together.

What buildings may I move into?

Vacancies are contingent upon mid-year cancelations. There may be a limited number of openings in buildings across campus. The Campus Housing Office cannot predict where these openings will occur.

When are the assignments made?

The assignments for spring housing will be made in mid December. Spring housing assignments will be posted online for those students who offered housing from the Spring Waitlist. In addition, you will receive an email informing you if you have a housing assignment.

How am I notified of my assignment?

Once you have been assigned to on campus housing, the Campus Housing Office will send you an email to your SMC address letting you know that you have been assigned.

Maps & Directories

Mailing Address

Saint Mary's College of California
1928 Saint Mary's Road
Moraga, CA 94575
(925) 631-4000
Google Map | Campus Map | PO Boxes