Got mail? The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) has a postal station here on the SMC campus.
P.O. boxes are assigned to ALL undergraduate resident students of SMC. If a student does not want their assigned P.O. Box, they should contact the Post Office directly to close the box and avoid charges.
Undergraduate residents will receive the P.O. Box number and the key within the first week of the fall semester. The cost is $1.00, paid to the US Post Office.
All letter mail and packages should be sent to the residents P.O. Box (except FedEx or UPS - see below Non-P.O. Box Mail)
This will be your mailing address while you live on campus:
PO Box #______
Moraga, CA 94575
Non-P.O. Box Mail
In order to receive packages sent via FedEx or UPS, senders should address the package as follows:
Saint Mary's College - Resident Student
1928 Saint Mary's Road
Moraga, CA 94556
Resident Phone Number
These packages are mailed to the Warehouse on campus. The Warehouse will contact the resident via phone number to arrange pick-up. The Warehouse can be reached at 925-631-4355, Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
End of the year procedures:
- Spring Move-Out / Fall Return: Resident undergraduate students moving out of the halls at the end of spring semester and returning in the fall, must submit a Temporary Forwarding Form to the Post Office before checking out of the residence halls in May. Failure to do so may result in a fine and a loss of the current P.O. Box number resulting in a new address for the next semester.
- Spring Move-Out / No Return: Residents moving off campus in May who are not returning to live on campus in the fall need to submit a Permanent Forwarding Form and their P.O. Box keys to the Post Office before checking out of the halls in May.
- Summer Stays: Residents living on campus during the summer should make arrangements with the Post Office to keep the same P.O. Box for the summer. Summer residents are responsible for paying the P.O. Box Service Fee from May 30th until September 1st.
The Post Office does not hold mail and will return all mail to sender and assess fines if the above procedures are not followed.
If all proper procedures are followed, students who return for fall should have the same P.O. Box they were assigned the semester before. In addition it is a good idea for returning students to again submit forwarding forms in September so that mail will come to their College address rather than their summer address.
Checking Your Mail
It is important that you check your mail regularly, especially if you are subscribing to publications or daily / weekly periodicals. Overflow of your mailbox may result in a $605 bi-annual holding charge.
If you receive mail that does not belong to you, the Post Office invites you to simply push it back through the box and the Post Office administrator will pick it up and place it in the correct box.
Notifications in Your P.O. Box
- Box holders may find a small yellow postcard in their box notifying the holder that a received parcel needs to be picked up in the Post Office during business hours with a photo ID.
- A tagged key will be placed in a box if the holder receives a package too large to fit in the box. The number on the tagged key is the number of the box in the Post Office holding that received package and should be picked up in a timely manner.
Any questions regarding the policies and procedures should be directed to the Post Office.
Campus Post Office
Cassin Student Union
Open Monday - Friday, 12:00 noon - 4:00 pm