Before leaving the residence halls, please be sure to follow critical deadlines and procedures. If you are unsure of what to do for moving out, please speak with your Resident Advisor or contact the Campus Housing Office.
Dates for Move-Out
Spring Term 2013
- Current Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors- Thursday, May 23, 2013 by 5:00 pm.
- Current Graduating Seniors - Sunday, May 26, 2013 by 12:00 Noon
Please schedule a Check Out appointment with your Resident Advisor (failure to do so may result in additional charges).
Late Stay Requests - residents may complete the Late Stay Request Form for the following reasons :
- Graduation Assistance
- Late Final
- Student Worker
- Summer Session
- International Travel Plans - Be prepared to provide your travel agenda
All late stays must be approved by the Campus Housing Office.
Cleaning Your Room
You should leave your room as you found it at the beginning of the academic year. Please dispose of any items you do not want to keep in trash bags or recycling bins. Once you have filled the bags, you may leave them outside your door in the hallway and the custodial staff will collect them or dispose of them in dumpsters or trash receptacles located near your residence hall.
Move Out Fees
Students may be charged fees for the following:
- Late Check Out
- Improper Check Out - failure to schedule a Check Out with your Resident Advisor or the Campus Housing Office.
- Failure to remove all personal items from the room, including food, furniture, books, clothing, bedding, etc.
- Missing phone and/or cable equipment.
- Missing keys
- Excessive trash removal
Unfortunately we do not have storage facilities on campus. Please make other arrangements to store any of your items.
Post Office / Mail Forwarding (End of the year only)
- Spring Move-Out / Fall Return: Resident undergraduate students moving out of the halls at the end of spring semester and returning in the fall, must submit a Temporary Forwarding Form to the Post Office before checking out of the residence halls in May. Failure to do so may result in a fine and a loss of the current P.O. Box number resulting in a new address for the next semester.
- Spring Move-Out / No Return: Residents moving off campus in May who are not returning to live on campus in the fall need to submit a Permanent Forwarding Form and their P.O. Box keys to the Post Office before checking out of the halls in May.
- Summer Stays: Residents living on campus during the summer should make arrangements with the Post Office to keep the same P.O. Box for the summer. Summer residents are responsible for paying the P.O. Box Service Fee from May 30th until September 1st.
The Post Office does not hold mail and will return all mail to sender and assess fines if the above procedures are not followed.
If all proper procedures are followed, students who return for fall should have the same P.O. Box they were assigned the semester before. In addition it is a good idea for returning students to again submit forwarding forms in September so that mail will come to their College address rather than their summer address.