For student organization events, contracts are necessary between the College and artist or performer (i.e. a DJ, dance group, guest speaker).
Saint Mary's College requires contracts for external performers and vendors so that both parties are aware of what is expected of each other. A contract ensures that both the artist and the college have legally agreed to the conditions of the services provided. Contracts also serve as a "terms of payment" and are submitted to the College's Business Office as proof of service.
Contracts are required for all on-campus and off-campus events as well as performances or services not requiring payment. In order to ensure payment is available for the artist on the day of the performance, the contract process should be started at least four weeks before the date of the event. This will ensure adequate time to complete the contract correctly and have a check issued before the event.
Before starting the Student Organization Contracts Form, gather the following information:
- Name of artist, performing group, or speaker.
- The name of the individual representing the performer or artist. This is the person who will complete the contract and may be an agent or the performer.
- Date, performance time and length, location and description of the event.
- Amount of payment for services.
- List of items and services the college is providing (i.e. hotel, meals, stage)
- List of items and services the artist is providing (i.e. performance length, materials, equipment)
- Name of the person or organization being paid. This must be the same as the information used for the W-9 form as described below.
- Contact information (address, phone number and fax) for the individual signing the contract. This may be the agent or actual artist.