Teachers for Tomorrow, an innovative program that allows you to earn your bachelor's degree, a teaching credential, and a master of arts in teaching in just 5 years!
- Integrated Curriculum: teacher preparation courses taught along with liberal arts courses
- Early field experiences in elementary schools
- Opportunity to take the program as a "cohort group" with the same advisors and the same in-school experiences
- A minor or area of concentration of your choice
- Completion of the bachelor's degree after 4 years
- By the end of the 5th year: Completion of the Multiple Subject (elementary) Teaching Credential & Completion of optional Master of Arts in Teaching degree (with 3 additional courses).
- Admission to SMC as a Freshman or Sophomore with a strong academic background.
- Completion of the Teachers for Tomorrow online Application for the program
- Preferred: Three years of successful foreign language study in high school
- A commitment to becoming an elementary teacher
For further information, contact:
Linda E Saulsby, Ed.D.
Teachers for Tomorrow, Program Director