Saint Mary’s College of California was founded in 1863 and is based in the Catholic, Lasallian and liberal arts traditions. For over 140 years the College has been guided by the Christian Brothers, the Catholic Church’s oldest order dedicated exclusively to teaching.
- Academic majors: 40
- Undergraduate schools: 3, including Liberal Arts, Science and Economics and Business Administration
- Undergraduate degrees: Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science
- Graduate degrees: Master of Arts, Master of Arts in Leadership, Master of Education, Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing, Master of Business Administration, Executive Master of Business Administration, and Doctorate in Educational Leadership
- Student-faculty ratio: 13:1
- Average class size: 19
- Academic calendar: 4-1-4, two four-month terms and one four-week January Term.
- Number of full-time faculty: 211
- Percentage of full-time faculty with doctorates: 95%
- Number of undergraduates: 2,873, including 626 freshmen
- Number of adult and graduate students: 1,331
- Gender distribution of Fall 2015 freshmen:
Ethnic diversity of fall 2015 freshmen
Geographic diversity of fall 2015 freshmen
Percent of undergraduates living on campus:
Division I teams: 17
Club sports teams: 13
- Conference affiliation: West Coast Conference
- Mascot: The Gael
- Saint Mary’s is located in Moraga, 20 miles east of San Francisco.
- The 420-acre campus enjoys a moderate climate which permits yearlong outdoor recreation. Moraga has approximately 16,650 residents, hiking-biking trails, several parks and two shopping centers.
- The Saint Mary's College Museum of Art is the only accredited art museum in Contra Costa County, and features work from widely acclaimed artists and collections.
- The Creative Writing Reading Series features guest authors and poets.
- The Committee for Lectures, Art and Music (CLAM) hosts a diverse range of music, dance performances, and lectures/discussions.
- The Performing Arts Department presents student productions in theatre, music and dance.
- River of Words provides art and poetry programs and curricula for k-12 students and teachers.
FACTS & FIGURES
Tuition and fees: $42,780
Room and board: $14,490
- Percentage of full-time undergraduates receiving financial aid: 86%
- Percentage of freshmen receiving financial aid: 75%
- Average undergraduate financial aid package: $31,995
- 2013-14 operating budget: $128,724,000
- Endowment: $172.7M (As of June, 2015)
Address: 1928 St. Mary’s Rd., Moraga, California, 94575
- Phone: (925) 631-4000
- Admissions: (925) 631-4224 or (800) 800-4762.
- College Communications: (925) 631-4278