Before you consider transferring to Saint Mary's, take a look at our requirements for admission and the materials you'll need to complete an application.
To be considered applicants typically have:
- Minimum of 23 transferable academic semester units or 34 transferable academic quarter units
- Possess a 2.5 or higher GPA are viable candidates for admission
- The equivalent of high school Geometry and Algebra 2 with grades of C or better
Please review our Articulation Agreement page for a list of transferable courses and agreements made with local community colleges. Credit is not given for courses in which grades of D+ or below are received, although the grades are calculated into the grade point average. A maximum of 19 lower division course credits are transferable to Saint Mary's (approximately 64 semester units or 95 quarter units).
Transfer applicants are required to submit the following:
- A completed Common Application with an Essay - Personal Statement, Saint Mary's specific questions, and two additional short essays. All of these are found and submitted online at www.commonapp.org.
- Final high school transcripts or the results of a high school graduation equivalency exam
- Official transcripts of all college work. Official transcripts must be submitted for all colleges or universities attended whether the student completed the term(s) or not
- A letter of recommendation is highly encouraged, but not required
- $55 USD application fee
Submission of Materials
Letters of recommendation may be sent separately or included with other materials. The Admissions Committee will not make a final decision on your application until all application materials are received.