The School of Economics and Business Administration (SEBA) is the home of 6 discipline-based faculty departments.
- Ph.D. Rhetoric and Communication, University of Pittsburgh , Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1991
Dissertation Title: A Rhetorical Biography of Harry J. Anslinger, Commissioner of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, 1930-1962
- M.A. English, Pennsylvania State University, 1986
- B.S. English, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, 1983
- Professor - St. Mary's College of California, Moraga, California (1995 - Present)
- Assistant Professor - St. Mary's College of California, Moraga, California (1992 - 1995)
- Visiting Assistant Professor - Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania (1991 - 1992)
- Instructor - Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania (1989 - 1991)
- Instructor - Pennsylvania State University (DuBois Campus) (1986 - 1987)
- Instructor - Clarion University of Pennsylvania (1985 - 1986)
- Faculty Service Award - Saint Mary's College (March 2013)
- De LaSalle Teaching Excellence Award - Saint Mary's College of California (2002)
- "Now Hear This: Update on Voice Commentary and Assessing Student Learning". Carroll, Rebecca and Eckhouse, Barry
- "Now Hear This: Assessing Voice-Enabled Commentary on Students' Written Work". Carroll, Rebecca and Eckhouse, Barry
Association of Business Communication
- "Where Have All the Judges Gone? The Effects of Mandatory Minimum Sentencing Statutes on 'Fair and Uniform Sentencing Practices'". Carroll, Rebecca and Alexander, Charles
Society for the Study of Social Problems
- "Smoke and Mirrors: How Public Discussion of Marijuana in the 1930s Set the Course for Current Drug Control Policy". Carroll, Rebecca
Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities
- The Rhetoric of Social Problems. Carroll, Rebecca
Panel; Initiation, Chair, and Respondant, Annual Conference, Society for the Study of Social Problems, Chicago, Il.
- The Political Weed: A Play of Marijuana in Three Acts. Carroll, Rebecca
Annual Conference, Society for the Study of Social Problems, San Francisco, Ca.
- Invitation to Attack: The Federal Bureau of Narcotics and the 1955 ABA-AMA Joint Committee. Carroll, Rebecca
Historical Perspectives on the Use and Abuse of Illicit Drugs in the United States, Yale University
- Marijuana, the Weed With Roots in Rhetoric: An Examination of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937. Carroll, Rebecca
Annual Conference, Speech Communication Association, San Antonio, Texas
- Public, Medical, and Federal Rhetoric in the Construction of Marijuana as an Illicit Narcotic. Carroll, Rebecca
Annual Conference, Society for the Study of Social Problems, Washington, D.C.
- Opportunities Missed: The Federal Bureau of Narcotics, Marijuana, and the Jazz Age. Carroll, Rebecca
Annual Conference, Speech Communication Association, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Forming Early Drug Policy in the United States: Commission Harry J. Anslinger vs. the Marijuana Problem in the City of New York. Carroll, Rebecca
Speech Communication Association, Chicago, Illinois
- Ethics and Public Policy: A Cross Cultural Perspective. Carroll, Rebecca
Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management, Bethesda, Maryland
- The Overzealous Rhetorician--Harry J. Anslinger and the Marijuana Tax Act. Carroll, Rebecca
Annual Convention, American Association for the History of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
- Contrary Reader Responses to Robert Frost's Dialogue of Contraries. Carroll, Rebecca
Speech Communication Association, New Orleans, Louisana
- Carroll, Rebecca & Eckhouse , Barry E. . (2013). Voice Assessment of Student Work: Recent Studies and Emerging Technologies. Business Communication Quarterly, Vol. 76, 458-473.
- Carroll, Rebecca and Eckhouse, Barry E. 2012. Teaching Falacies
- Carroll, Rebecca. 2007. In Pot We Trust, Historical Consultant for Showtime Documentary, Starr Price Productions
- Carroll, Rebecca. "The NCA Triggers the Great Non-Debate: Treatment Loses to Punishment." Federal Drug Control: Origins and Evolution 1875 to 2001. Haworth Press, 2004
- Carroll, Rebecca. "Under the Influence: Harry Anslinger's Role in Shaping Drug Policy." Federal Drug Control: Origins and Evolution 1875 to 2001. Haworth Press, 2004
- Carroll, Rebecca. "Drug Treatment Policies."The Encyclopedia of Criminology and Deviant Behavior. Taylor & Francis Publishers, 2000.
- Carroll, Rebecca. "A Reader-Response Reading of Robert Frost's 'Home Burial'." Text and Performance Quarterly (1990): 143-156