Over 100 MBA students admitted into five different Saint Mary’s College School of Economics and Business Administration programs attended their new student orientation Saturday, September 29th, on the beautiful Saint Mary’s campus. The degree programs beginning this week include the Executive MBA in Moraga on weeknights, Executive MBA in Moraga on Saturdays, Executive MBA in Santa Clara, Trans-Global Executive MBA in San Ramon, and the Professional MBA in Moraga.
The full day of orientation included presentations from staff and administrators and special guests. Brother Michael Murphy gave a thorough introduction into what it means to be Lasallian; alumna Virginia Robbins (MBA ‘94), Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of California Bank of Commerce, presented a lively perspective and helpful tips on what to expect and how to effectively prioritize in the midst of many competing stakeholders; and Professor Linda Herkenhoff led the new students into many fun activities including a networking exercise (and lesson), and a very interactive team-building exercise which got students from all five programs to mingle, cheer, role-play, and even hula hoop! The day ended in an optional campus tour which many new students took part in.
Post-event comments from the newest Gaels included:
- “I can’t wait to get started!”
- “I had a great time meeting people. It was a perfect introduction to the culture, thought process, and the school!”
- “The day went by fast and I look forward to actually starting the program.”
- “I am planning to meet with Brother Michael and learn more from him. He inspired me.”
- “I’m very impressed with the faculty and how they are willing to help students’ success.”
- “I appreciate the effort put into making this a great experience. Support from the team was great.”
- “At first I felt like I was in a silo but now after orientation I feel very connected with my cohort. Thank you for such a great opportunity to meet my colleagues!”
- “The orientation reinforced my decision to attend.”
“We are extremely excited about the incoming group of MBA students in terms of professional stature, collective management experience, diversity, and academic excellence,” says Holly Dalton, Director of Recruitment and Admissions for Graduate Business.
For more information about Saint Mary’s various MBA programs, join us at an information session.
About Saint Mary's College Graduate Business
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary’s College of California is a cornerstone institution of the San Francisco bay area. After nearly 150 years, with a network of more than 40,000 alumni worldwide, Saint Mary’s tradition of educational excellence is stronger than ever. Saint Mary's Graduate Business Programs are grounded in this same rich history and tradition of excellence. With a focus on global perspective and responsible business, all of our five distinct graduate business degree programs are designed for working professionals who seek the knowledge and skills needed to accelerate their careers. Small class sizes facilitate collaboration, accessibility, and engaging discussions with our distinguished faculty, and an interactive learning environment focused on practical business knowledge, serves to provide our students with the maximum return on their investment.