Saint Mary's will consider you for federal, state, and institutional aid if you meet the following criteria:

  • You are an admitted, readmitted or currently enrolled student in a degree program at the College before notification of awards can be made. All financial aid applications should be filed prior to admission.
  • You are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Federal and state funds are also restricted on the same basis.
  • You are a student registered on a full-time basis. Students who register less than full-time, but at least half-time, will be considered only for federal loan and grant programs. Undergraduate students enrolled less than half-time can only be considered for Federal Pell Grant funds.

It is Saint Mary’s College of California policy that students who matriculate as freshmen are only eligible for four years of Saint Mary’s aid. Those who transfer in have the number of years remaining that will equal four years. So if a sophomore transfers in he/she will have three years of eligibility a junior will have two years of eligibility. Cal Grant are only available for a maximum of four years. Therefore students who continue on after four years will only be considered for federal aid (Pell Grants and student loans).