In effort to provide SMC students with invaluable exposure to the perspectives from relevant industry experts, while nurturing vital marketing and business skills, the SMCAMA hosts a series of outside speaker events by Marketing professionals, and well as professional development workshops.
Topics of Speaker Events we've hosted in the past include:
- Social Media - Learn the ropes of social media in todays time.
- Entrepreneurship - What does it take to succeed in the Business world?
- Retailing - Are you interested in fashion?
- Content Marketing
- Marketing Automation Systems
- Getting started in a career in Marketing
Professional Development Workshops we've hosted include:
- Dinner Etiquette
- Big Idea of Small Talk
- Personal Branding/Marketing Yourself
- Careers in Marketing
- Resume Workshop/HR Recruiting Panel
Our hope is that our events can bring value to both students and alumni alike through experiences that help foster new business ideas and relationships with other industry professionals. We are still looking for individuals who see an opportunity to volunteer their time and expertise as a guest speaker at one of the events above.
Additionally, if you do not see an opportunity to participate personally, but may know someone who would be an ideal fit for any of our scheduled events, please pass along their contact information.
If you can see an opportunity to volunteer your time, we would be honored by your consideration. We would appreciate an opportunity to discuss your potential involvement in the near future.