When students have completed the anthropology program they will be able to:
- Appreciate the great diversity of human cultures and the interrelatedness of economic, socio-political and religious systems.
- Approach cultural diversity with thoughtfulness and sensitivity. Examine their lives in social and cultural contexts and assess how their lives are affected by the specific time and place in which they live.
- Understand anthropological theory and methods and how they are applicable in and beyond academia.
- Employ critical reading, writing and thinking skills that will allow them to understand and contribute to an increasingly complex, multicultural and interdependent world.
- Express themselves with confidence and clarity in both oral and written communication. This includes an understanding of the difference between primary and secondary sources and how to properly cite and reference those sources.