- Mount a cohesive exhibition of their artwork and produce a comprehensive thesis document discussing the ideas, techniques, and influences in their artwork;
- Demonstrate an understanding of and facility for the use and application of several different media, especially that of their preferred medium;
- Articulate their artwork’s content and intention and visually manifest those ideas;
- Develop an ability for objective self-critique and demonstrate an understanding of their place within a larger art historical context;
- Evaluate clearly different forms of art by other artists through research and conceptualization of core art and critical sources and through class writings and discussions; and
- Demonstrate a foundational knowledge of contemporary and historic artists, particularly those working in their preferred medium.
Upon successfully completing the program of study with an art practice emphasis, students should be able to...