ASSMC Senate Meeting
Sunday October 23, 2011
- Opening Business
- Call to Order at 5:37 PM
- Roll Call
- Absent: Senator Van Loon, Senator Garcia, Senator Duran, and Senator Esquibel
- Public Forum
- Charles Hamaker
- Selam Kidane
- Ete Martinez Anderson
- Rueben Greenwald
- Charles Hamaker, Seminar Program Director
i. Learning goals are now centered around literature content.
ii. Major change is one seminar class per one academic year.
- Selam Kidane, Student Representative of the Seminar Governing Board
i. Connected to the student opinion in regards to seminar through a successful student survey.
- Damaris Nielsen, Associated Students President
i. Goals for the Fall Semester of 2011.
- Natalie Silacci, Senior Class President
i. Nomination of a 2012 Class Senator
ii. Senator Silacci moves to table the nomination of Markie McNeilly
- 1. Second by Senator Frei
- 2. Motion passes
iii. Speaker Alberto moves to reconsider the nominations of the Community Liaison positions.
- 1. Second by Senator Garcia.
- 2. By a paper vote, Senator Johnson and Senator Sentaws are elected Community Liaisons.
- Senator Silacci on behalf of the Class of 2012
i. Interviewed Markie McNeilly last week and two more interviews this upcoming week.
- Senator Diamond on behalf of the Class of 2013
i. Smoke Free kick-off begins November 1, 2011.
ii. Advocacy Training November 5, 2011
- Senator Hasse on behalf of the Class of 2014
i. Sexual Assault Pledge
- Senator Zamorano on behalf of the Class of 2014
i. Laundry facilities surveys will be issued.
ii. Class Meet & Greet this Wednesday, October 26, during Community Time.
- Vice President Canete on behalf of the Student Body
i. Members of the Finance Committee are:
- Senator Zamorano
- Senator Salvador
- Senator Winkler
- Senator Fukui
- Vice President Caro
- Stephanie Delsen
- Francis Lopez
- Vice President Caro on behalf of the Student Body
i. Collaboration incentive implementation for organizations to work together.
- Senator Johnson and Senator Sentaws, Community Liaison
i. Extend an invitation to the Moraga Mayor to a Senate Meeting.
ii. Build a relationship with Jaime Rich, Alcohol Policy Coordinator for the Town of Moraga.
- President Nielsen on behalf of the Student Body
i. ASSMC will be distributing surveys for the Smoke-Free initiative.
ii. Senator Salvador is the Senator of the Month for September.
- Vice President Hawley on behalf of the Senate
i. Presidents’ Round Table on Wednesday, October 26 at 5:15.
- Closing Business
i. President Nielsen: Class of 2015 Meet and Greet this Wednesday.
- Notice of Next Meeting
i. October 23, 2011, 5:30 PM in Hagerty Lounge
- Senator Frei moves to adjourn meeting at 6:48 PM
i. Second by Senator Sala.