View a map and get directions.
Join us for Saint Mary's College 2016 Business Idea Competition on Thursday, March 3, 2016 from 5:15 - 9 p.m. at the Soda Center. Finalists will have an opportunity to work with coaches, seasoned entrepreneurs, and industry experts, and further develop their ideas and pitches before the competition. The objective of this Business Idea Competition is to help participants refine their ideas to get to the stage where they can actually present to investors.
- Interested applicants are required to submit an application to Professor Berna Aksu by Monday, February 15. Only interested in watching? Just RSVP here!
- Eight presenters will be selected as finalists and announced on Friday, February 19.
- Finalists are required to attend at least one, preferably both, coaching workshops on the Rheem Campus on Friday, February 26 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and/or Sunday, February 28 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (PowerPoint draft required for coaching session.) If you have questions regarding this requirement please contact Professor Aksu.
- Finalists will pitch their ideas at the competition and may use three PowerPoint slides as visual aids.
- The format is 2 minute pitch - 4 minute Q&A - 4 minute feedback.
- Presenters will receive feedback and votes from a panel of Keiretsu Forum investors and partners. (Note: This is a great opportunity for even early stage business ideas; you don't have to be funded, in revenue, or even be incorporated. The application form will guide you and help you think through the relevant aspects of your idea.)
5:15pm Registration and Networking
5:45pm Welcome, Introductions and Update from 2014-2015 Winners
6:05pm Undergraduate Presentations
7:10pm Graduate Presentations
8:30pm Award Announcement and Networking
This is a business casual event. Please come in appropriate attire.
Don't wait, register now:
Randy Williams: Williams founded Keiretsu Forum in September 2000 to provide a disciplined and structured approach to angel investing. Williams' passion for investing and bringing together like-minded community leaders has created a powerful and giving environment for entrepreneurs. With over 1,500 angel investor members throughout 40 chapters on 3 continents Keiretsu Forum is the largest angel investment community in the World.
This is a Center for Regional Economy event hosted in partnership with Stull Grant for Entrepreneurship and the Keiretsu Forum.
About Saint Mary's College Center for the Regional Economy
The Center for the Regional Economy (CRE) brings together faculty, students and alumni at Saint Mary’s College with business, governmental and non-profit groups in the San Francisco East Bay, the Greater San Francisco Bay Area in support of an economy that is economically, socially and environmentally sustainable.
About Keiretsu Forum
Questions about the event? Interested in sponsorship opportunities? Contact Dr. Berna Aksu