National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD)
We have arranged access to no-cost, faculty development programming for you year-round through the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) is a resource for recorded webinars, live webinars, and academic writing support. SMC faculty have access to these resources.
"Founded in 2010, NCFDD is the leading provider of professional development in higher education. Working with over 300 colleges and universities, as well as thousands of individuals in schools across the country, we are 100% devoted to supporting faculty members, postdocs and graduate students in making successful transitions throughout their careers."
- To sign up go to http://www.facultydiversity.org/join
- Choose your SMC institution from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (i.e. @stmarys-ca.edu)
- Go to your institutional email to find a confirmation/welcome email.
- Click “Activate Account” in the email.
Members have access to:
- a weekly motivational email (the Monday Motivator),
- the NCFDD Core Curriculum,
- guest expert webinars,
- intensive multi-week courses facilitated by national experts,
- a private discussion forum,
- 14-Day Writing Challenges,
- the Dissertation Success Curriculum, and
- the opportunity to connect with a writing accountability partner.
The NCFDD offers three intensive, virtual, 12-week online programs:
- Faculty Success Program,
- Post-Tenure Pathfinders Program, and
- WriteNow Access.
These Programs provide graduate students and postdocs, tenure-track faculty, and tenured faculty training on empirically-tested skills and strategies that improve writing, research, and professional productivity
A few examples of interesting resources
Cultivating Compassion & Collectivism- a course that facilitates healing from racial trauma.
Re-Thinking Mentoring: How to Build Communities of Inclusion, Support and Accountability - a 4-webinar series on building mentoring networks.
Preparing materials for tenure and promotion - a 3-part webinar series, in addition to one Q&A recorded webinar.
Department Chair Intensive - a 4-session course for department chairs
Tough Times Toolkit - a set of webinars and articles to help faculty cope with particularly difficult times
An extensive description of member benefits can be found here: