Coordinator of Admissions & Student Services at Saint Mary's College, MFA Program in Creative Writing
CANDACE EROS DIAZ is the recipient of a 2015-2016 Steinbeck Fellowship out of The Steinbeck Fellows Program of San José State University. She is also a San Francisco Writer’s Grotto Fellow and a proud VONA/Voices alum. She is the Coordinator of Admissions and Student Services for the MFA Program in Creative Writing at Saint Mary’s College of California where she received a dual-concentration Masters in Fine Art in creative nonfiction and fiction. Her work has appeared in MARY: A Journal of New Writing, The East Bay Review, and Huizache, among others. She is currently at work on a historical creative nonfiction novel about her women ancestors. She lives in Oakland, CA.
- Candace Eros Diaz reads at the October 14, 2016 Flash Fiction Forum in San José, CA at 7:00p.
- Candace Eros Diaz receives prestigious Steinbeck Fellowship
- Candace Eros Diaz will channel fellow alumna Sara Mumolo (poetry, 2009) at Under the Influence, a reading at The Emerald Tablet in San Francisco on Thursday, April 16 at 7:30p.
- Candace Eros Diaz will read at California State University, East Bay with Marilyn Abildskov on November 17, 2014 at 6p - University Library, Beilla Room.
Candace Eros Diaz will read at the on October 16, 2014 at 7p.
Candace's essay "Breaking Wide Open" will be in the Fall 2014 issue of Huizache Magazine.
Candace Eros Diaz will read at the Hazel Reading Series on Sunday, September 7, 2014 at 5:00p.
Candace Eros Diaz has an excerpt of a novel in progress in the first issue of the East Bay Review.
- Candace Eros Diaz will begin her six-month long fellowship at the San Francisco Writers' Grotto in July 2014.