Post an On-Campus Job (SMC Departments)

Welcome!  Career and Professional Development Services is happy to assist you with finding student workers to fit your department's needs.  All job postings are made through our career management program called GaeLink.

Posting an On-Campus Job:

  • If you are new to GaeLink you will need to create an employer account.
  • Click on “Register and Post a Local Job” to set up a new account and post a position.
  • Please enter your SMC email address as your username.
  • When prompted to enter the organization name, please enter: Saint Mary’s College – (your department name).
  • Fill in your contact information.
  • Fill in the job form.
  • Click Done!

If you want to hire a work study student, remember that proof of his/her 2017-2018 work study eligibility will be required in order to take advantage of the Federal Work Study program. Please ask the student to submit proof of work study with their application for employment.  Students can print their financial aid award letter on GaelXpress. Also, note that works study students will be required to pick up their 2017-2018 work study contracts at the Financial Aid Office prior to beginning work in your department. Lastly, please remember that student applications are to be submitted to the department posting the position.

Note – The following information has been updated:

Please remind students that as a condition of employment, ALL students are required to have an I9 & W4 form on file with Human Resources prior to the start of work.  If you are hiring a foreign national student, please contact John Hills in the Payroll Office x4211 prior to the start date.  The college also encourages all students, to sign up for direct deposit. They can get these forms from Human Resources.

Once you have hired a student, your department must fill out a New Student Hire Notification Form and submit it to Payroll.

You may also want applicants to fill out a Student Job Application

If you have any questions about posting on-campus jobs, call the Career and Professional Development Services x4600.

If you have any questions about the work study program, call Financial Aid x4370.