CILSA Awards Call for Nominations
These individuals will be recognized at a formal dinner and award presentation in February, 2013. (NOMINATION DEADLINE: January 11, 2013)
The CILSA COMMUNITY PARTNER Award Criteria – To be awarded to any staff member at any level of a community agency and on behalf of that organization who demonstrates...
- Commitment to student learning while meeting the mission of their organization.
- Educate and mentor colleagues to promote and foster partnerships with SMC.
- Evidence of sustained partnerships with SMC.
- Ability to articulate and model their personal passion & dedication to social action through word and deed.
The CILSA Engaged FACULTY Award Criteria – To be awarded to any adjunct, lecturer, or tenure-track faculty member who demonstrates….
- Continued commitment to engaged pedagogy.
- Campus leadership/citizenship
- Integrating engaged pedagogy with research/scholarship
- Nurturing community and campus partnerships
- Personal and professional transformation.
- Impact on students’ academic and personal lives
- Mentoring and serving as a role model to colleagues
The CILSA STUDENT Leadership Award Criteria – To be awarded to any Junior or Senior with a GPA of 3.0 or above who demonstrates...
- Consistent years of service and work in social justice before & during college.
- Leadership roles and skills in CILSA
- Participation in curricular and/or co-curricular activities related to service and social justice
- Campus leadership and citizenship
- Personal transformation
The CILSA Engaged Saint Mary’s College STAFF Award Criteria – To be awarded to any staff member within the Saint Mary’s community who demonstrates…
- Sustained direct or indirect community service or social justice education on or off campus that is not associated with their role and responsibility at Saint Mary’s College
- The Lasallian principle of Concern for the Poor and Social Justice
Student - Miranda Herrera, Andrew Aguilar
Instructor - Steve Bachofer, Shawny Anderson
Staff member - Matt Carroll of Sodexo, Sharon Sobotta of the Women's Resource Center
Community Partner - Solomon Belette of Catholic Charities of East Bay and Doug Biggs of Alameda Point Collaborative.