Creative Writing Minor
The Creative Writing Minor is excellent preparation for students who wish to gain a greater appreciation of the art of writing, who wish to pursue a career in writing or journalism, or who simply wish to develop their academic or business writing skills by applying the techniques offered in creative writing classes.
Requirements (total 5.5 courses)
- English 19: Introduction to Literary Analysis
- English 25: Introduction to Creative Writing (multi-genre)
- English 26: The Creative Writing Reading Series (.25 units)*
Three courses from the following:
- English 100: Advanced Composition
- English 102: Creative Writing Workshop (In Fiction, Poetry, Creative Non-Fiction, Drama or Screenwriting; repeated in different genres.)
*Must be taken at least twice for credit.