Rank & Tenure Committee
The Rank and Tenure Committee makes recommendations to the President on tenure and promotion, and makes recommendations to the Provost on reappointment subsequent to interim reviews.
See section 184.108.40.206 of the Faculty Handbook for the process of election R&T.
See section 2.6.1 for the Faculty Handbook statements on criteria for promotion and tenure.
See section 2.6.2 for the procedures governing the rank and tenure process.
Forms and Procedures
- R&T Calendar of Critical Dates (PDF)
- New Form A template (optional) (.doc)
- Application for Interim Review (Form A) (PDF)
- Application for Tenure and/or Promotion: Form A (PDF)
- Appendix A: Teaching Responsibilities at Saint Mary's College (PDF)
- Suggestions for Preparing Form A (PDF)
- Suggestions for Conducting Department Evaluations and Preparing Chairs Letters: Form B (PDF)
- Guidelines for Addressing the Liberal Arts Tradition in Form A (PDF)