Have a question?

How can I give? Whom do I call? Where do I mail my check?

You can make a gift to Saint Mary's College in several ways:

  • Make a gift online at our secure website by using your credit card.
  • Mail a check made payable to Saint Mary’s College to SMC, Development Office, 1928 St. Mary's Road, PMB 4300, Moraga, CA 94575-4300
  • Make a wire transfer or a gift of securities by contacting Wendy Peter at (925) 631-4434.
  • Set up an estate gift or life income gift by contacting Mark Jones (925) 631-4218.
  • Make a credit card gift over the phone by calling the Development Office at (925) 631-4509.
  • Direct any other questions regarding your gift to (925) 631-4509.

Can I make recurring gifts?

Yes. Saint Mary’s gratefully accepts recurring gifts via credit card. Sign up to give as little as $10 a month and provide a steady stream of support that will make a profound impact. Recurring gifts enable you to make a more significant gift than you might otherwise be able to afford at one time. To set-up your gift, call (925) 631-4434 or make a recurring gift online.

How do I make a pledge?

Please contact the Development Office at (925) 631-4509 for more information or to set-up pledge payments. 

How do I make a gift of securities to Saint Mary's College?

Saint Mary’s welcomes your gifts of securities, which you can make by contacting Wendy Peter at (925) 631-4434.

What is a Gift-in-Kind and what are the procedures?

A Gift-In-Kind is a voluntary contribution of goods or services that can be used to advance the mission of Saint Mary’s College or can be readily converted to cash and may qualify as a charitable deduction for the person(s) making the gift. For more information about procedures, please read our Acceptance Policy (pdf).

What is our federal tax ID number?


Where should I direct my gift?

We encourage you to direct your gift to the Saint Mary's College of California Fund, which provides us with a flexible source of discretionary support for meeting the College’s most urgent needs. However, you may choose to designate your gift further. Click here for information about other Annual Giving opportunities. 

If you make your gift online, choose a fund from the drop down menu. If you do not see the fund you want to support, please call at (925) 631-4509 for more information. If you mail your gift to us, choose one of the funds noted on our standard gift form or choose “other” and write in the fund you want to support.

Will my employer match my gift to Saint Mary's?

Please contact your employer's Human Resources department or visit their website to find out if they will match your gift.

How will my gift be recognized?

Shortly after we receive your gift, we will send you an acknowledgement letter that you can use as your official receipt for tax purposes. If you made a donation online, you will receive an online gift confirmation via email instead. Also, your name will appear online in our Honor Roll of Donors as part of the Annual Report.

Is my gift tax-deductible?

Yes, all gifts to Saint Mary's are tax-deductible in the United States.  Please save your acknowledgment letter to serve as your official receipt, and consult your own tax advisor for gifts at the 1863 Society level, which come with benefits of approximately $250.

How will my tax gift deduction change in accordance with the new tax laws effective March 2020?

We have great news! The tax deduction changes mean that you may qualify for an even greater tax break than before as a result of your generosity. Some highlights:

  • Donors who do not itemize may take a tax deduction for cash gifts of up to $300 per person, $600 per couple.

  • The cap on deductions for a charitable cash gift increased from 60% to 100% of adjusted gross income. Gift amounts beyond 100% of a donor's adjusted gross income can be applied up to five additional years.

  • The cap on deductions for a charitable cash gift from a corporation increased from 10% to 25% of taxable income.

  • Persons 72 years old and older with an IRA are not required to take a minimum distribution in 2020.

Whom should I contact to discuss a major gift opportunity?

To discuss making a gift, please contact our Advancement Office at (925) 631-4509 or by email.

Whom should I contact for information about making an estate gift or life income gift?

Please contact Mark Jones, Senior Director of Legacy Giving at (925) 631-4218 for more information.